Sunday, July 3, 2011

Spongebob

I assume that this was my subconscious trying to get in touch with my inner child, but either way, I don't understand the entire premise of this dream.

---

I was still myself, that being having a normal human body, but I had developed certain Spongebob Squarepants-esque features (namely yellow porous skin, a long yellow nose, as well as having donned his outfit).
I knew that I had a project due for my philosophy class, so I went into a different classroom to find that only five people had shown up that day. My English teacher told us that our challenge and change class was cancelled, so I decided to go home, completely unfazed by the melding of three courses that I had just witnessed.

When I got home from school being cancelled, because I only had one class per day apparently, I noticed that I had five jellyfish stuck to my head, and they were bobbing up and down as though dancing to some sort of music. It was in that moment that I remembered that I had signed up for a track and field tournament, which was the only way to get the jellyfish off of my head.

In true Spongebob fashion, Gary the Snail insisted that I go through with the tournament, despite my having signed up for high jump, which is my least favourite event. My event was taking place at a church that had conveniently relocated to the elementary school closest to my house, but unfortunately I had missed the last call for high jump, and a lot of people were mad at me for it.

I trudged back home, defeated without even having competed, only to find a committee of world leaders assembled at the side of my house. They were all deep in discussion, but I noticed an abundance of golf balls littering the ground around them, so I was forced to interrupt by pointing to each golf ball individually and counting them out loud obnoxiously. There were 71 golf balls grouped in a clump right where the leaders were standing, and I announced this to them. There were a lot more golf balls lying around on the ground, but I didn't have it in me to count them all.

At some point in the dream, I had stopped being Spongebob.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment